State College is in Central Pennsylvania, and the area has a plethora of things to do besides getting an education.
• Go Outdoors – Heading to Nature Inn at Bald Eagle provides nature walks, kayaking, and fly-fishing.
• Head Downtown – Locally owned restaurants, boutiques, and coffee shops add to the ambiance of the town.
• Eat Ice Cream – Berkey Creamery has the tastiest around!
• Explore History – The Columbus Chapel and Boal Mansion Museum offer insight into an influential area family.
• Boat Underground – Penn’s Cave gives water tours of their caverns.
• Taste Spirits – Carefully crafted cocktails are made at Big Spring Spirits.
– Jennifer Prince is a PA native living in VA and blogs at Travel Like a Prince