When I arrived in Lisbon, the graffiti was shocking. Then, I learned to love Lisbon street art. Why?
• It’s beautiful. Displays fill areas with color and thoughtful subject matter.
• It’s expressive. To make a statement after the revolution, many artists created passionate pieces.
• It’s collaborative. Several installations are joint ventures between artists and the community.
• It fills a void. There are organizations that help find creative outlets and spaces for those who want to express themselves.
It isn’t just paint. Other forms include photographs, posters, and installations made from discarded goods.
– Jennifer Prince always discovers something new and life-changing in her travels. She blogs her journeys at Travel Like a Prince.