A new non-profit, Discover Puerto Rico, was founded to promote Puerto Rico. CEO Brad Dean shared just a few reasons to visit this year:
• There are 400 weekly flights from US cities and no passport is needed.
• The cruise industry has recovered, with more cruise ships going there than before Hurricane Maria.
• Puerto Rico has 4,000 restaurants, 139 accommodations and 189 attractions open.
• The District, a 5-acre entertainment and hospitality district, will be opening this year with more than 80,000-square feet of entertainment spaces and 175-room hotel. Brad Dean called it a game changer.
– Jan Schroder, Editor-in-chief