We found a few surprises in the top tourist attractions pulled together by Family Destinations Guide based on five-star reviews on Tripadvisor.
One surprise is that two of them are bridges and the second surprise is that none of them are theme parks.
The top five attractions, along with the number of annual visitors, are:
1. Great Smoky Mountains National Park, in Tennessee and North Carolina, 12.1 million visitors.
2. Grand Canyon in Arizona, 5 million visitors.
3. Mackinac Bridge in Michigan, 9 million visitors.
4. Central Park in New York City, 42 million visitors.
5. Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco, 10 million visitors.
– Staff report, The Travel 100